Five Important Features That One Must Have In Their GST Software
The GST was launched in India as economic reform. It has been a long time when such an action was taken after the application VAT. Numerous forms, various registration and a lot of procedure for filing the tax returns were harassing the business community, and hence it was much imperative to bring in some changes that can simplify the system of taxation for indirect taxes. Keeping all these factors in mind only, the GST was implemented by the government before a few months. However, the GST tax reform has received a mixed response from people owing to the complex tax slabs, new procedures, and form for filing the tax return. Many businessmen hire professionals who can file the GST return for them.
The online filing of service tax return had been simplified with the help of the GST portal and the GST software available in the market. However, there are many alternatives as far as GST software is concerned, and one needs to keep few key points in mind while choosing the software for their business enterprise.
Here’s a look at the important features that are a must-have for GST software:
- Security: In the digital world, security of the data is a prime concern. One needs to invest in the secure GST software which will protect the confidential business information and avoid any compromise that may prove to be a potential threat to the business. We have witnessed in recent past how several virus and hackers hit the computer systems across the world and ask for money against data retrieval. Make sure that the GST software you buy is robust from both filing returns and data security point of view.
- Adaptability: The new tax regime requires the business to be compliant mandatorily. The GST has come up with the concept of invoice matching which will ensure that every taxable person files the GST returns on time. It will affect the compliance rating of their business directly. Thus, it is essential for the GST software you invest in to be enabled on multiple platforms and accessible for tablets, desktop, and mobile phones at any time and from anywhere so that one can easily file the GST tax India returns.
- Flexibility: Many big enterprises are already using one or other version of the ERP, i.e., Enterprise Resource Planning Software for managing their records and business operations. The small and medium scale companies have been using accounting tools for book-keeping and setting up data in a new application can be quite a task. Thus, the software must be flexible to integrate with the current system and offer a seamless experience.
- Cognizance: The GST software must have the intelligence to communicate all the upcoming events to the client so that no deadline is missed.
- User interface: By user interface, we mean that any software must be easy to use by clients with the help of informative dashboards and reports. It will help in transparent operation and quick decision making.