5 Things Marketers Should Do During Financial Crisis
Financial recession can really bring many difficult things and there are things we need to do to improve things. Marketers also need to adjust the way they operate. Here are things they should do:
- Listen to customers: We often need to listen to customers and do things properly based on their feedback. Some customers could still be interested in our products and they may inquire about our products, such as wood blinds or garden seats. In fact, it is perfectly possible to sell so many things during a financial crisis by properly approaching these potential customers. One important thing is to try to get our message across so people would likely to purchase our products. It should be noted that even in the most difficult situations, it is possible for us to boost our sales. It may also be important to provide services when things are slower in the market. Instead of waiting for additional orders that may not arrive today, we could better use our time by offering free installation and consultation.
- Focus on our website: It is a good idea for us to focus on our online presence during this difficult time. Websites should be easy and cheap to maintain.
- Diversify our offers: Marketers should try to diversify their offers during difficult economic situation and this simple step could help them thrive during a recession. Drastic situation often needs drastic measures. As an example, we may need to change our retail store into a wholesale business that provides products at much lower prices. This would appeal to consumers who seek to reduce their expenses.
- Offer free products: It is a good idea to offer products or services for free. It may not be sensible how we can make money by giving our stuff, especially during an economic recession. It should be noted that our products won’t do anything useful if they sit idle on the shelves. By offering our products for free, we actually treat them as an investment to ensure people remember ourselves better when the economy has recovered.
- Check the competitor: We shouldn’t focus only on our business and we should check what competitors are doing. We should find out how they operate in current economic situation. We should know additional services they provide, how they price their products and others. We should know much more about our products and compare them with competitors’ products, because additional information can be very important to help us adjust our marketing plan and future business operations.
We should be aware that times have changed and it is possible that our business will eventually changes. Banks are more reluctant to lend times and credit card companies tend to lower credit limits during economic recessions. These facts should remind us how challenging things are when external factors are overwhelming. The good news is that many people still have money and they just have different priorities. It means that we need to prevent customers from changing their priorities in the first place.